Hi all this will be my next build looks up to Tamiya normal standards but when I first assembled the engine block the fit was awful and I had to use clamps scarily tight to pull the engine halves together (luckily this area is hidden by the timing chain cases) also luckily the gearbox is a perfect fit so maybe the engine halves were warped for some reason and that will be the only problem I get. Which is also lucky as I intend to build the engine on a display stand to be put alongside the car (as if it's just been rebuilt ready to be put back in)The body moulding is awesome hardly any seams at all and the detail in the kit seems incredible
This is the same scale as the Bentley so is quite a large car.
Done some work on the fuel tank. a word of caution to anyone building this kit. When it comes to mounting the oil tank, on page one of the instructions it tells you to attach the mount for the oil tank, unless you skip ahead and build the oil tank first dont attach the mount in the first picture the bracket on the left had side is for the oil tank (the shelf with the oblong rail coming out from the side.
The steel pipe laying on its side next to it in the next pic goes into the tank and then into a hole in the bulkhead.
In the position of the next picture.
Here is a picture of the oil tank in position
Getting that pipe into the hole in the bulkhead and into the hole in the oil tank with that bracket in place is impossible (on this model of course that bracket was well and truly stuck) so I cut that rail off in order to get that pipe in then glued it back on again.
A better option would have been to attach the bracket and tank with the pipe on at the same time.
Hi all bought a mirror to mount the 934 on will have the car on axle stands with the engine alongside it, not sure whether to have the tyres stacked or arranged around it, also thinking of putting 2 walls up around it with pictures of the car racing on them I'm going for a look of it being in a museum display. Any suggestions welcome.
Hi all made a start on the axle stands but had a major set back on the bodywork looked great till I clear coated it and it went matt (strange as I sprayed the bonnet and wings exactly the same way and they are nice and glossy)
I decanted the laquer out of the can and sprayed it through my air brush, the only difference being I sprayed the body this morning (it rained over night) I sprayed the bonnet and wings during the day in the sun (i wonder if it was damp and it has bloomed)
Hi all I decided to add the brake pipes to this kit and was going to use wire but then realised that the working steering and suspension wouldn't work so I added the bracket to the suspension leg and then added a flexible hose from that. Should I mention this was my third attempt(no ones perfect)